Tuesday, September 6, 2016

Off to France!

It's finally time for France again...this trip will be a visit to the Alsace region, followed by Paris. I cannot get enough of this absolutely fantastic country; there's so much to see and do. I'll be flying to Paris on Thursday evening, arriving Friday morning. Conveniently, there's a train station in the airport, where I'll hop on the non-stop to Strasbourg.

It's a grand city, and great just to walk around and take it all in. I'll be there two nights, and will be joined by my "French daughter," Victoria, on Saturday evening. Sunday, I have a car rented and we are off to Riquewihr, to spend eight nights in an apartment I've rented in the past. Riquewihr is a small walled village, bearing the designation as being one of the "most beautiful villages in France." Surrounded by vineyards, it's in the heart of the Route du Vin, the Alsatian wine route. The location is perfect, and it makes a nice "base camp" to visit the many nearby villages: Ribeauville, Kaysersberg, Hunawihr, etc. My dear friends, Jean-Paul and Martine own these beautiful holiday apartments and homes in Riquewihr, and I'm looking forward to spending time with them, as well. If any readers are visiting Alsace for the first time, I highly recommend any of their perfect rentals. They are truly your home away from home!


On September 19th, we return the rental car, and take the train back to Paris. Victoria's "real" parents live there, and I will stay in my favorite hotel, the Hotel Sainte Beuve, in the sixth arrondisement. I'm only, unfortunately, there for three nights before flying home, but we have some great things planned!
As always, I'll be blogging each evening beginning on Friday night, so please do join me, and leave comments!  I love to read them! See you soon!

1 comment:

  1. So exciting! Have a great trip and I'll be watching for posts.

    ReplyDelete