Thursday, September 17, 2015

Day Ten - Paris

It was still raining this morning when I left Dijon. The train ride to Paris is very short...maybe an hour and a half at most, and I slept all the way. We arrived on time, and were soon in a taxi, speeding through the streets of Paris toward my hotel. Nancy and John are staying in Montmarte, which is a good bit north, but I hope to see them again before I leave. As we neared my hotel, I felt like a child on Christmas Eve. Paris is the most beautiful, elegant city I've ever seen. I never tire of visiting over and over again. I envy people who can afford to live here. So, after dropping off our luggage, we walked up to Rue du Cherche Midi, for lunch in a tiny tea room next to Poilane, which is the best bakery in Paris. It's become a tradition for us to eat at this same place for our first meal in town each year. I took these photographs while walking to lunch and then back to the hotel. Paris is a photographer's dream.






















 Here's my cozy little hotel room.



2 comments:

  1. Just when I thought it couldn't get any better! ♡

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've thoroughly enjoyed all of your blogs on this trip. Just gorgeous. You "get" what France is all about! Can't wait for more stories when you get back...lunch at the museum?

    A bientot!

    Kathy

    ReplyDelete