Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Day Nine - Dijon - Musee Magnin

This morning, I visited the Musee Magnin. Just blocks away from my apartment, this family townhouse and art collection of over 2,000 pieces was bequeathed to the state in 1937 by the grandchildren of the original Magnin owner. A brother and sister, they became avid art collectors as adults. The museum is stunning, two stories tall with a courtyard in the middle.


 You'll notice plastic thistles on the furniture, which is a way of saying "don't sit here!"







































And, finally, here is Monique, who works at the gallery. She is married to an American and they spend time in both Colorado and France. Thank you for your hospitality, Monique

3 comments:

  1. wow fabulous pictures, would love to see this place for real, love the thistles too, no arguing about what they are there for either. So pleased your having such a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesomeness! Love the thistles. What a wonderful idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Vickie,
    Can you believe I stopped by today to finally look at your post! It's been over 2 and a half years, nearly 3! I had kept your card thinking I would someday see this post! I see that you travel to France often! I live for traveling, history, architecture and art! Great pictures by the way!

    ReplyDelete