Monday, June 25, 2012

Jerome - Home Away From Home

I celebrated my birthday this year in the little town of Jerome, Arizona.  Even though I'd just visited in April, it called me back.  I stayed again at the Surgeons House Bed and Breakfast, which is sweetest place you could ever imagine.  As I drove up the hill, its front yard was alive with giant hollyhocks.  Inside, Andrea, the owner, welcomed me like a long-lost friend.  Seriously, it's like coming home.
The yard is a work of art, with many places that are good for rest and rejuvenation.





The view from my patio goes on forever.  This is looking down upon the old Jerome High School.  It now houses artists' studios.
Inside, every place you look makes you feel happy.  Before you know it, you're walking around with a smile on your face.  And, you know that anxious, overwhelmed feeling that you sometimes get?  Well, it's gone.








I was reading in the living room, when Andrea and friends brought in this birthday cake for me.  Don't tell anyone, but it almost made me cry.  I was so touched by such a thoughtful gesture.

I feel as though there's always a light left on for me at this enchanting place, and I can't wait to go back again.  I managed to take quite a few photographs on this trip, so I'll be posting more of them soon.  See you then.

No comments:

Post a Comment