Sunday, June 6, 2010

Six Women in Paris

It seems like a very long time ago when I started putting a little bit of money aside on a regular basis so that I could take my daughter, Krista, on a special trip for her 30th birthday.  Paris is my favorite city, and since I was hopeful that she'd feel the same way, our trip to Paris began to take shape.  I alway say that Krista is, by far, the best thing I've ever done in my life, and if anyone deserves this trip, it's her.



My friend, Jeanie, was the first one I asked to come along for the ride.  Jeanie was the first friend I made when I moved to Dallas six years ago, and I honestly don't know what I'd do without her.  Anyway, she thought the Paris trip was a fine idea, and perhaps a good birthday present for her daughter KC, who turns 35 soon.  Sorry, no photo of KC yet, but I'll be sure to quickly remedy that!



On one of my trips back to Alabama, I asked Sisters Brenda and Pam if they'd like to help celebrate their niece's birthday in the City of Lights.  The timing was bad for Sister B, but Sister P gave me an immediate affirmative!



Last, but certainly not least, I could hardly wait to invite my dear friend, Elaine.  Some of you may know Elaine as the Hostest with the Mostest.  She and her family are currently living in Frankfurt, and I've visited her twice.  Each time I leave, I can't stop thinking about how blessed I am to have such a wonderful (and FUN) friend.  Krista also loves her dearly, so it was a no-brainer to ask Elaine, and of course she accepted on the spot.




I guess I should include me, since I've been researching, reserving, and working hard to make sure the trip is a success!



So, that makes six of us.  Six Women in Paris. We all depart this Saturday, arriving on Sunday morning, with the exception of Elaine, who is taking the train from Frankfurt, and should show up by late afternoon.  We'll stay until Sunday, June 20th.  We've got some great things planned for this trip...museums, the giant flea market, Giverny, a cooking class, a champagne cruise, Versailles, and a day trip to Reims (including a tour of Veuve Clicquot)!

I'll be taking a photograph or two (surprise, surprise), and blogging each evening before bedtime.  I hope you'll all check in, and come along with us!  Please feel free to leave a comment.  If you don't have a google account, you can quickly set one up before you post your comment.


No comments:

Post a Comment