Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Once Upon a Time

Once upon a time, there was a little girl named Alexa. She loved to dress up (the fancier, the better) and pretend she was a princess. Almost two years ago, Alexa died of cancer. She was four years old.    

I've been wanting to volunteer some time as a photographer for a good cause, and the Princess Alexa Foundation came highly recommended by a good friend of mine.  You see, Alexa's mother founded this organization to help other seriously ill children through dress-up and play.  Alexa must be orchestrating the whole thing from up above, or at least I like to imagine it that way.

This past Sunday, the Foundation held a benefit called "My Fancy Fairytale Party."  I shot candids for about two hours, and you've never seen so many pretty little princesses in your life!  I was also very impressed with the grown-ups, who really cleaned up quite nicely. There were arts and crafts, cake, balloons, and face painting. Here are a few photos.  Although I have some gorgeous ones of the children, I'm not one to post them on a blog without permission, hence the shots taken from the back.  Anyway, you get the drift.  It was cool, it was fun, and I feel honored to have participated.

If you'd like more information about the Foundation, you can go to http://www.princessalexafoundation.org/.
































No comments:

Post a Comment