Sunday, January 3, 2016

Whitefish, Montana - Day Three

I never thought my daughter would be living in Whitefish, Montana, but I can see why she loves it here so much. My first visit was last June, so it's a whole new world here in January! This morning, I was super excited to see two deer outside. Krista was unimpressed, saying they would eventually come much closer to the house, but I couldn't wait for that.
On second thought, the deer does look pretty far away...I'll do better next time! She-rah the cat is a little bored with winter. She sits on her perch and longs to go outside, but she doesn't think very much of all that snow.
Today, we decided to have lunch at the Lodge at Whitefish Lake. Driving through town, we saw the Garden Wall Inn (my favorite bed & breakfast), and it looked very festive. Hoping to stop by and see Chris, the co-owner, while I'm here).
 Most of the houses in town are still decorated, like this little one.
 The ski slopes are very visible as you head up that way.

 The Lodge is in full holiday finery.







After our late lunch and cocktails, we headed to the coziness of home. A nice fire in the fireplace, an afternoon nap, a movie this evening. Life is good.

4 comments:

  1. It's beautiful!! Looks like you are enjoying your trip! Montana is on my short list of states to visit soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful place to be. Your daughter is beautiful and I can see why she would love to be there. Enjoy my dear friend!

    ReplyDelete