Saturday, November 13, 2010

A Brand New Life

Yesterday I photographed the labor and delivery of a client of mine.  I'd done her maternity shoot last month, and it was planned that if I could be at the hospital, I would.  The timing was perfect, and it was a pleasure to work with Bonnie and Mark again.

This was my first labor and delivery shoot, but it couldn't have gone more smoothly.  Bonnie was a trooper, especially considering that this was her first child, and she'd had a very difficult pregnancy.  I was amazed at the teamwork that went on at the hospital...the nurses and the doctor were incredible!  The  baby was delivered in Bonnie's room.  Somehow, I'd imagined a cold, sterile operating room!

Here are a few photographs I wanted to share.  They were taken right before or literally minutes after the birth of Alexandria, who arrived a happy, alert little girl, all of six pounds. 










Welcome, little one!  I think you're in very good hands.

No comments:

Post a Comment