Monday, September 24, 2012

The Rat Terrier and the Great Dane

So, I had this bright idea to photograph Rose with my vet's Great Dane.  I felt sure she would pose nicely, and I could add something different to my portfolio.  Here she is waiting.  You'll notice I forgot her leash, and had to substitute the strap to my camera bag.  Maybe that's why she acted so contrary.
The Great Dane's name is Jasmine, and she's a baby...only one and a half years old.  Jasmine is what they call a brindle, which means her color is a beautiful brown and black.
Jasmine has a sister name Sugar, who is also a sweet girl.
My vet and his wife were troopers...ignoring Rose's antics.  At least I was able to get some nice shots of them.
 


I did get Rose to sit BEHIND Jasmine for two seconds.  Afterwards, she jumped down and promptly ran away.  I found her almost back to where I'd parked my car. 
At least Sugar and Jasmine got to romp around and play.  It was fun to watch them.

 
Live and learn!  I think next time I'll bring Coco Chanel, the Chihuahua, and see how she does. Thanks Josh and Kristin for bringing the pups to the park!

1 comment:

  1. Dogs that look deformed are often breeds that don’t have any more working lines and the show line breeders completely took over. Working lines in breeds are healthy and look similar to their ancestors. For example many show line German Shepherds are very different from working line and Czech German Shepherds that I think they should eventually be considered different breeds. If you want to preserve a breed and keep dogs looking like dogs, the working lines have to be preserved. Looking for large dog breeds for families Wondering what large dog breeds are good with kids or would be good for apartments Find out here A complete list of large dog breeds

    ReplyDelete