Monday, May 22, 2023

May 22, 2023

We made it to Alsace!  Took the early morning train to Strasbourg where we picked up the rental car and headed south. I haven’t driven a stick-shift in a few years, so there was a bit of a re-learning curve getting the car down the parking garage from its home on the sixth floor! Once that was completed, my blood pressure went back down in time for us to stop for lunch in the cute little town of Obernai. 




























It’s strawberry season here, and there are little stands all along the road to Riquewihr. We had to stop!






10 comments:

  1. That bird nest on top of the chimney!!!!!❤️❤️❤️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It’s a stork’s nest. They are huge!
      Vickie

      Delete
  2. Few months ago, I've been obliged to drive the GB 'automatic car... without any explanation.... 😳 Well, I had to try to drive just in the garden before driving on the road... I looked on website to understand which letter was for.... πŸ‘€πŸ™ƒπŸ§πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
    And I DO PREFER my stick-shift ! In France, the very new cars are automatic... It's still rare. 😁😁 and we have small cars... I will show you Emma's car..... (only for one dog, and not Molly) πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

    ReplyDelete
  3. This message was from SΓ©verine.... (of course πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the old world charm and the color of the strawberries... And Isadora found a house just her size xoxo Sue Smiley

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with Sue. Charming. Texas Trish

    ReplyDelete
  6. Strawberry season sounds divine! We loved Alsace last October.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Vickie—I am LOVING your photography on your trip. I feel like I’m living vicariously thru your lens. Keep up the fantastic feed!!!
    -Tripp-

    ReplyDelete
  8. Strawberries, storks, stick shift. There’s a pattern.☮️

    ReplyDelete