Friday, May 19, 2023

May 18-19, 2023

I’ll tell you this, traveling is not for sissies!  I think I’m possibly past the point of comfortably doing international travel. Yesterday, I barely made my connection in Salt Lake City; I was one of the last people to board, and my suitcase checked in at fifteen minutes before departure. That’s cutting it a little close for me! I think because I was so freaked out, I couldn’t sleep. We arrived in Paris at 8:30am Friday morning. It’s a huge airport and it took a good hour to get through passport control, and collect my bag. The train station was a long walk after that!  I got the shakes dragging my bag and going up and down stairs. The train to Lyon was so peaceful; I fell asleep for half of the two-hour ride. But the important thing is that I’m here in my cute little hotel room in Lyon!  Victoria and Helene will be over shortly and I suspect it’ll be an early dinner for me. Zzzzzz. 

Coming into Paris this morning. 




My connecting flight took off at 3:10. 

The toilet at the airport:


My room in Lyon:



This is how you look when you’ve got the travel crazies!

Isadora is happy to be here!

Victoria and Helene!  I brought Helene (my French sister) a roll of American toilet paper!


View from my hotel room window. The architecture is beautiful here!

More tomorrow!  I think after a good night’s sleep, I’ll be ready to roll!

21 comments:

  1. So nice having hourly report !!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy to see you in Lyon beautiful pictures !!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you mad it safely. Jane

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome Vickie and.... good night after your dinner with the Girls ❤️๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ’ค (you will explain us about this GIANT roll paper....... ๐Ÿ˜‚)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. (from Sรฉverine... ๐Ÿ˜‚)

      Delete
  5. Glad you made it safely to Paris & Lyon! You look great Vickie, despite the long flight & train ride to Lyon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh! I remember that hotel now! Have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad that you made it!! Sleep well tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Angela McCartney MiroMay 19, 2023 at 3:46 PM

    I trust you will have a fun trip!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You look great! Hope you rest well tonight! ๐Ÿ’— Sue Sue

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fun! Cannot wait to follow along ๐Ÿ˜ enjoy and be safe. Jude

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yay, you made it! Looking forward to following along. Lyon is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Let the wonderful adventures begin!!!๐Ÿฅณ

    ReplyDelete
  13. Last comment, Carol, from Texas!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sounds stressful but with reward and comfortable bed at the end. Thank goodness. I can never sleep on a plane too. So your adventure in France begins. Train looked peaceful. Barbara P

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yes, international travel is a challenge. Next time we visit Europe, we are going to travel first class. We used the elevators in the train stations many times. Happy you made it to Lyon in one piece. Tell the girls hello from Texas Trisha.

    ReplyDelete
  16. So glad you made your connection! You deserve an early night to be ready for your adventures over the next two weeks. Rest up and enjoy

    ReplyDelete
  17. So happy you are there! ❤️
    Enjoy!
    I love the pics and you look so pretty! ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  18. Have a wonderful time Vickie!

    ReplyDelete