Tuesday, April 25, 2023

Day 1 Road Trip

Today, Mary and I left Kalispell at 9:30 am for the much anticipated Day One of our road trip. First stop was the Cracker Barrel in Missoula (about 115 miles) for chicken and dumplings. One of my favorites, and it’s the closest one to my house! 😱



As you can see, Isadora also came along for the ride. 

After that, we continued southeast for another 228 miles to the cool little town of Livingston. We took I-90 (which goes from Seattle to Boston).  Montana, due to its size,  has the largest segment of the interstate in any of the states it crosses: 552 miles. Just a little trivia, but exactly the kind of thing my dad would enjoy knowing. Oh, and he’d like that we passed over the continental divide where it was cold and snowy! Anyway, it was a gorgeous drive, and the roads were fine. 

We rolled into Livingston about 4:30pm, where we will stay two nights at The Historic Murray Motel. Livingston is a fascinating little town of about 8,500 people. It’s artsy and I’ve always wanted to spend some time here. Our hotel was built in 1904 and has twenty-five rooms. Screen writer/director Sam Peckinpah lived in the hotel for the last five years of his life. Lots of guests have stayed here that you might recognize: Robert Redford and the film crews of both Yellowstone and 1883.Its quite the cozy little place, and my room is very comfy. 

Livingston is surrounded by mountains. 



The lobby. 

My room has a sweet sitting area!



The view from my bedroom. 




More tomorrow!



3 comments:

  1. Love it!
    Picturesque ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the hotel decor and thanks for the trivia. Cool.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh that looks really lovely! I can't wait for the next post! Hope you do the same when you go to France next month!💙💙💙

    ReplyDelete